GLOBE is an educational model to facilitate global collaboration and creative learning methods inside and outside of the classroom. Join this discussion to discover ways to create new content, partner with faculty in other areas of knowledge and build lifelong learners. The objective of GLOBE is to:
- Find Global Learning Opportunities that are useful to our courses or programs.
- Build Bridges by connecting speakers, presenters, facilitators or influencers with courses or FSCJ programs, and
- Produce Engagement by creating active and continuous collaboration.
Here is the PDF file of the document GLOBE Educational Model.
In order to implement GLOBE it is necessary that professors, graduates, or interested students follow these steps:
- identify their personal interests by doing an updated personal SWOT analysis. Once identified personal Strengths, personal potential Opportunities will show up.
- Search for innovative educational models (i.e. Finland educational method) and creative content in specific areas of knowledge (i.e. Cold War impact in democracies and global business, Impact of Brexit in the US, museums, etc.). These are the Global Learning Opportunities to find.
- Use emerging technologies to find new content and connections (Google Scholar, Google Earth, Mobile Apps). Start building Bridges.
- Find real players to build Bridges of knowledge (local speakers, international speakers via Skype)
- Match cases, speakers and content with current learning objectives of specific courses. (Be outside the textbook, classroom). More Bridges.
- Create active collaboration by inviting guests to classes, show new videos, cases, and real examples of current decision makers, leaders, innovators, and problem solvers (i.e. similar to Writers Series, Bosnia list, Socrates Café, TEDx etc. Create continuous Engagement as part of our courses.
The final result is to create active collaboration and continuous engagement by inviting guests to classes, show new videos, cases, and real examples of current decision makers, leaders, innovators, and problem solvers as part of our courses.
GLOBE is a simple model that looks for creative and new content. It also allows professors to create new content and to collaborate with other professors in other areas of knowledge.
GLOBE motivates professors and students to be on the top of Bloom’s taxonomy pyramid by promoting critical thinking, collaboration, evaluation and analysis of cases, and bring creativity and innovation to a new level of lifelong learning. Learning is not about grades and courses, learning is about using new knowledge to have a better world. Be a Global Learner!